I was born in London in 1988. I studied at Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design from 2006-2010. I now work as a freelance art practitioner and teacher working in different learning environments. I live and work in London.
I am fascinated by old, abandoned buildings and 'fleeting' architecture. I respond to nature and man-made structures & materials and my work examines the powerful pull between these two elements.
I develop my work both in the studio and in the outside environment. I make in the studio and sometimes bring the work into the outside world. I also take visual research of shapes and structures that interest me in everyday life to start off the beginnings of a piece of work. These research photographs are often of functional objects.
My sculptures though are non-functional, instead making the viewer aware of the colour and shape of everyday things around them. I change the material and scale of the objects I photograph. I am interested in colour and texture, of materials and in turn, the final piece is made up of different layers of structural and aesthetic elements.
My work often takes up a graphic architectural shape that may be recognisable. I make large-scale, peculiar work that invites the audience to walk around and investigate.
- 2012 – 2014 Professional Graduate Certificate in Education – (Diploma in Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector) – Level 6 – City Lit, London (University of Westminster)
- 2011 Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector – City and Guilds Level 4 – Westminster Kingsway College, London
- 2007 – 2010 BA Hons. Fine Art (2:1) – University of the Arts London – Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design
- 2006 – 2007 Foundation Fine Art (Merit) – University of the Arts London – Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design
- 2015 to date Art Teacher – Haringey Tuition Services (Pupil Referral Unit)
- 2015 to date Inclusion Playworker & Forest School Session Leader – Oasis Children’s Venture
- 2016 to date Gallery Curator – Haunt Gallery
- 2016 to date Life Drawing Teacher – Squiggles and Wiggles
- 2014 – 2015 Schools Volunteer/ Late Event Volunteer – Museum of London
- 2010 – 2015 Art Lecturer – Westminster Kingsway College
- 2007 to date General Manager – Wonderland Festival Events
- 2005 Studio Assistant – Artist Sebastian Boyle (The Boyle Family)
- 2003 Gallery Assistant & Workshops – Sutton House